Having an hour or two between your classes can be a pain in the ass sometimes. But if you use your time wisely, it can be a very productive time. Whether you have an hour, two hours, or more, there is always something for you to do on and off campus. Here are a few suggestions that you can use:
1) Go to the Front Room. I have an hour between my classes on Tuesday and Thursday so I go to Front Room with my laptop and my homework and work really hard for that hour.
P.S. That’s where I’m writing this post.
2) Workout! A 30 minute workout is definitely a great way to relieve stress and reenergize yourself for the rest of the day.
3) Take a nap. Sometimes we all need a break from this crazy life. Taking a nap is an acceptable way to catch up on some Z’s that you may have missed out on the previous night. Just try not to make it an every day thing.
4) Meet with a professor. If you know you will have some extra time in between classes, email a professor and set up a time to meet with them about your troubles in that class. That is definitely a great use of some extra time.
5) Run errands. So much can get done in an hour if you plan it out and manage your time wisely. Run to CVS and get that Chap stick you’ve been in need of, or go to the College Bookstore and get the last book you’ve been putting off buying.
6) Go For a walk! Ohio University has such a beautiful campus and it’s a shame not to experience it in it’s full. It’s also great exercise and will relieve stress just as exercising does.
Time management is a major part of being successful in college and hopefully these tips will help. Ohio University has so much to offer, even if it’s just for an hour. There are many more wise ways to spend your time; these are just a few that I use frequently.